New Data: Fentanyl Deaths Plummet in Wake of Trump Admin Crackdown

 New data cited by the White House revealed that fentanyl-related deaths have dropped over 20 percent in one year as the Trump administration continues cracking down on drug cartels and traffickers.

An exclusive report published Friday by Fox News said that fentanyl-linked deaths were down 22 percent. The White House said the dramatic turnaround is due to its strong border policies and aggressive enforcement tactics.

These figures were shared with Fox News Digital to honor “National Fentanyl Prevention and Awareness Day.” 

“Synthetic opioid deaths, which include fentanyl, fell from 48,913 in 2024 to 38,084 in 2025, according to CDC figures cited by the White House — a decline of more than 10,000 deaths,” the article read. “Total drug overdose deaths fell 14 percent during the same period, from 81,313 to 69,973.”

In addition, the White House highlighted a 45 percent drop in nationwide fentanyl seizures in fiscal year 2025, compared to 2024.

FBI Director Kash Patel has recently been recognized for his comprehensive efforts as well, which included the targeting of fentanyl supply chains, specifically Chinese suppliers who provide chemical precursors.

 

Moreover, the White House reportedly shared information about 11 foreign nationals arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement earlier this year who had previously been convicted of fentanyl-related crimes.

President Donald Trump’s promise to dismantle drug cartels has been a pillar of his second term. On his first day back in office on Jan. 20, 2025, he designated major drug cartels like Tren de Aragua, MS-13, and Sinaloa as foreign terrorist organizations.

Later that year, in December 2025, he also signed an executive order designating fentanyl as a weapon of mass destruction.

“Illicit fentanyl is closer to a chemical weapon than a narcotic,” Trump declared. “Two milligrams, an almost undetectable trace amount equivalent to 10 to 15 grains of table salt, constitutes a lethal dose. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died from fentanyl overdoses.”

“The manufacture and distribution of fentanyl, primarily performed by organized criminal networks, threatens our national security and fuels lawlessness in our hemisphere and at our borders,” the order read.

“The production and sale of fentanyl by Foreign Organizations and cartels fund these entities’ operations — which include assassinations, terrorist acts, and insurgencies around the world — and allow these entities to erode our domestic security and the well-being of our Nation.”

In July 2025, the commander in chief signed the HALT Fentanyl Act into law, “permanently classifying fentanyl-related substances as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act.”

He has also taken aggressive action against suspected drug boats by authorizing drone strikes against them in an effort to deter others from trafficking drugs into the United States, and he greenlit a daring raid to capture former Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in January.

Maduro is now facing drug-related charges of narco-terrorism, with a trial set for 2027.

New Data: Fentanyl Deaths Plummet in Wake of Trump Admin Crackdown New Data: Fentanyl Deaths Plummet in Wake of Trump Admin Crackdown Reviewed by Your Destination on August 22, 2026 Rating: 5

No comments

TOP-LEFT ADS